We are open for the summer!
Nous sommes ouvert pour la saison!
Le Centre Greenwood n'est pas un musée typique. Cette maison patrimoniale et son jardin enchanteur vous plongera dans le temps alors que vous traverserez les 5 générations d'une même famille qui ont vécu dans la maison Greenwood.
Greenwood Centre for Living History is not your typical museum. This dynamic historical property will capture your imagination as you learn about the five generations of one family who called this place "home."
HORAIRE -- OPENING HOURS
De juin à août -- June through August
Du mercredi au samedi -- Wednesday through Saturday
De 10h à 15h -- From 10:00am to 3:00pm
Le Centre Greenwood est une organisation locale et communautaire . Au cours de la dernière décennie, le centre continue de s'épanouir et de croitre grâce aux membres et bénévoles qui offrent si généreusement leur temps, leurs connaissances, leur passion, leur créativité et en somme, une assistance bien appréciée. Leur enthousiasme nourri continuellement l'esprit de cette maison patrimoniale.
The Greenwood Centre for Living History is very much a community-based organization. Its growing strength over the past decade is due to the generous contributions of time, assistance, creativity, and money by its loyal members and supporters in the local area, and beyond. Their enthusiasm fuel the already compelling spirit of this historical property.
New friends, like you, are always welcome.
N'oubliez pas de jeter un coup d'oeil sur notre page "Activités" pour y voir nos prochaines activités!!
And don't forget to check out our activities page for our up coming special events.
- Plan Your Visit
- Location, Visit, Hours, Tours
- Greenwood Blog
- Greenwood Blog lets you know what's happening at the Greenwood Centre for Living History in Hudson.
- Greenwood Activities
- Greenwood activities offer something for everyone. Open to all!
- Greenwood's Newsletter
- Greenwood's Newsletter
- StoryFest Hudson
- StoryFest is a celebration of writers, readers and storytellers everywhere.
- Treasures in the Attic
- Treasures in the Attic (a fundraiser for Greenwood) is an opportunity for you to get professional antique appraisals.
- Contact Greenwood
- Contact Greenwood Centre for answers to your questions and to share your feedback.
- Greenwood Membership
- Greenwood membership is growing. Support our community's living history. Become a member!
- Greenwood History
- Greenwood history is communicated through its property and artifacts.
- Vision and Mission
- Our vision is to preserve, capture, and reflect the history of Greenwood, the Hudson area, the region, and indeed, the country.
- The Collections
- Look at Greenwood's Special Exhibits
- Your Stories About Greenwood
- Your stories about Greenwood are welcome!
- Executive Director of Greenwood Audrey Wall
- Executive Director Audrey Wall joins the Greenwood community.
- Greenwood President Updates
- Greenwood President of the Board summarizes Greenwood's activities.
- Community Partnerships
- Greenwood values the support of various community partnerships.
- Mary Cecilia Delesderniers
- Mary Cecilia Delesderniers was the only child of Frank and Amelia Delesderniers and was born on February 5, 1826 at Greenwood.
- Robert Ward Shepherd
- Robert Ward Shepherd (Captain) was born on December 15, 1819 at Sherringham, Norfolk where his father had a small farm.
- Dr. Frank Shepherd
- Dr. Frank Shepherd, Phoebe's grandfather, is described in this short Greenwood bio.
- Mary Cecilia Shepherd
- Mary Cecilia Shepherd (Cecil) was born to Dr. Frank Shepherd and his wife Lilias Torrance in 1881.
- Percy Nobbs
- Percy Nobbs, Greenwood's well-respected architect, is a man of many talents.
- Phoebe Nobbs Hyde
- Phoebe Nobbs Hyde, the 5th generation of the Shepherd family to live in Greenwood, was a multi-talented, forward-looking woman.
- St. Mary's Church
- St. Mary's Church was built in 1867, at the initiative of Phoebe's great-grandfather, Captain R.W Shepherd.
- Resource Links
- Resource links to deepen your love of history